14 DPO – September 2015

Tomorrow is the day. AF should be here tomorrow – if I got my O date right. Since I wasn’t tracking O with OPKs or charting my BBT, I can’t be absolutely for certain that I actually O’d 15 days ago. I’m basing it off the cramping I felt around that time frame, and upon previous cycles when I was tracking O a little better. I am PRAYING that I got the date wrong, and all the tests I’ve taken have been done too early. But … considering how Mother Nature gets her kicks by hate-banging me at every moment she can, I’m assuming that AF will indeed be here tomorrow. I know – bummer, huh?


So instead of focusing on the fact that my body seems to be on strike from performing it’s “motherly duties” yet again, I kept myself busy with getting the administrative things done that I’ve needed to do for a while. Halfway into my phone calls, I immediately remembered why I’ve been putting this crap off for weeks. I spent the greater part of 3 hours on the phone with one moron after another.

Pretty much sums it up.
Pretty much sums it up.

By the end of the day however, I was able to get a lot accomplished. I got the issue with one of our banks resolved (that call was actually rather easy to deal with) and I managed, after speaking to 3 different ladies and being placed on hold half a dozen times, to get the referral switched to have my son John evaluated by a different Developmental Pediatrician. His regular pediatrician believes John to be on the Autism Spectrum, and so he needs to be evaluated by a specialist. The problem arose in that there is only one in our local area, and when they called to book the appointment the earliest one they had available was in July of NEXT YEAR! So not only is Bubby almost a year and a half behind his peers in his social/communicative development, they are expecting him to fall another year behind while we wait for our appointment. Yeah – not happening. After all was said and done with, our insurance company was able to locate us a Developmental Pediatrician in San Antonio that should be able to get him in in as early as a month. The only problem remaining is that since it’s so much further away, the referral has to go through an approval process before I can even book an appointment. So fingers crossed for the referral to land on the desk of an intelligent, competent individual who can understand that this is very important and needs to be handled as quickly as possible. Matthew and I will likely be PCS-ing (changing duty stations permanently) soon, so I need to have Bubby evaluated before we leave so we won’t have to start the process all over again.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s